4 weeks!

Mike and I have been faithfully following the Body-for-Life challenge for 4 weeks now! It hasn't always been easy and we haven't always been perfect but overall we're doing it and I feel like we're changing. Changing what we eat. Our exercise habits. Even what we drink. Coke is for our off day! I look forward to Saturday nights. We enjoy a 24 hr day off from Saturday evening til Sunday evening. It's part of the program. When I'm tempted to feel left out or deprived I will say to myself, "Hey, you can have it Saturday night or Sunday afternoon." Often by the time I get to my free day I couldn't care less.

Must confess I'm excited my birthday falls on a Sunday... this Sunday.

Comments

  1. Can you tell more about this program? I am in need of something that I will keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body for Life was something created by Bill Phillips in the 90's. My parents started doing it. They didn't need to lose weight but are working hard to gain muscle and strengthen their body. You can probably find a copy of his book in the library or online.

    We are following the 12 week challenge outlined in his book. You exercise 6 days a week. 3 days a week of 20 minute cardio (interval training) and 3 days of weights. Mike and I do the program at home.

    You eat lean protein and a complex carb 6 times a day. They are small meals but you find yourself satisfied and healthy and strong. It takes some planning but we love it! In addition you get one day a week off where you rest (no exercise) and you can eat whatever you want. It's really cool.

    I don't feel like weight is coming off but I can tell I'm shaping up and gaining more muscle. I feel a lot better physically, emotionally and mentally!

    The book really has it all in it. Also there's a book I'm starting to read that's body for life for women by Pam Peeke. It's a little more complex though. But also full of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The bare truth.

New Beginnings.