Week 3 done & My need for an intercessor

I'm thankful that even now before the throne of God there is One who lives to intercede for me.

Pizza will never fill the hole in my heart. Only God can.
What does intercede mean?
to act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition:
to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.

 I don't know about you but I need an intercessor. There is no way I could, on my own, make myself right with God. Jesus is my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Intercessor. He is every pleading on my behalf. I'm not left to manage myself alone. 

My heart has been hurting lately. Yesterday was a day of pizza temptation. I had this huge hole in my heart that was looking for comfort and my kids had pizza for lunch and dinner. I've been able to look past what they're eating pretty easily... but yesterday was different. I wanted COMFORT... and comfort looked like PIZZA.
BUT I SAID NOPE!

I didn't give in to the lie. I didn't hide my sadness with food. I did reach out to a couple people and say HELP, talk me down off the ledge please. And they encouraged me... but ultimately I chose to not give in. 

It's funny how you don't know when temptation is going to hit you. I have been at restaurants and parties. I've been to a caregroup dinner and brought my measuring cup and scale to make sure I was staying on track. I was faced with monkey bread, triple chocolate cake, and French desserts last week.... but for some reason yesterday felt different.


Pizza seemed so rational. Logical. Natural.

I wanted to give in to my old habits.

But there was One who was interceding for me. He was praying on my behalf. He knew my temptation and He made a way out. As I sat at the table (hopefully smiling) and watched my precious family members eat pizza I turned to God and said, "You are my portion. You are enough for me."

My husband had set me up for success having allowed me to get a grilled avocado sirloin with grilled asparagus. But as delicious as it was it didn't fill the hole in my heart. 

Only JESUS can.

Saying NO to myself has been really good.

Facing loneliness, sadness and heart ache without food to medicate or numb me has been very eye opening.

Today I got on the scale and was down another 3 pounds. 15.2 pounds in 3 weeks. (total of 25 lbs down)

Slowly but surely, step by step, decision by decision, bite by bite I am choosing something better for myself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bare truth.

New Beginnings.

4 weeks!