Something New...

My husband recently came home from a trip and was enthused about us trying a new lifestyle... Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. (It's Paleo with a twist.) So we bought two books. Primal Bluepring and the 21 day total body transformation. I was amazed at how he talked about how we are killing our bodies with overproduction of insulin that causes us to store fat and have inflammation throughout the body. After reading the first book I was trying to decide when was a good time to start.

This past Monday I decided enough's enough and I started. I cleared out the pantry. Gone went most of the carbs and other pitfalls to our new eating style. I still kept a couple of boxes of cereal for the kids and their granola bars, etc. I went grocery shopping and loaded the cart with fresh salmon, vegetable and grass-fed beef.

I could tell detoxing from carbs was hitting me on Monday and severely on Tuesday. Headaches, dizzy, fever, sluggishness. I continued eating primal anyway. We have persevered. Only 5 days in but I'll tell you what I'm feeling more stable in general and clear-headed. I'm not munching throughout the day and especially not at night. I eat meals loaded with protein and healthy fat. Avacadoes are my best friend.



This week we have cooked salmon, grilled steaks, eaten eggs scrambled with onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc., ate rotisserie chicken and enjoyed a plethora of salads. I still have Greek yogurt and other high protein, lower carb options. I love Trader Joe's smooth and creamy almond butter. And although it's ten in the morning there's a turkey cooking in the oven. I'm thinking some fresh green beans and mashed cauliflower is on the menu.

Since I'm PMSing like crazy at the moment last night I enjoyed some Trader Joe's dark chocolate and a handful of macadamia nuts. Mmmm... super satisfying.

I look forward to having more energy. I look forward to not having to eat as frequently. I look forward to seeing the benefits of better health.

It takes planning and preparing and thinking things through but I'm super excited on this endeavor toward better health!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bare truth.

4 weeks!

New Beginnings.