Feeling my Feelings...

It's been amazing all the different things that have come to the surface since I'm no longer eating my feelings. I find myself trying to find new ways to numb and distract myself. Mainly Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest. So I'm having to set a timer and let myself be on for 10 minutes and when the timer goes off I get off. I'm not going to replace a bad habit with another bad habit! I also see myself wanting to turn to my phone to kill time instead of doing the things I need to be doing... it's like I'm bored while being busy!

It's been so interesting being raw and vulnerable. I feel like I'm completely open to any kind of attack. I've had to keep turning to the Lord and asking Him to be my covering. To be my shield. My protector and defender. My help in time of need.

Yesterday I was down for the count. Peter had come with a virus/bug and passed it on to me and Mike. Thankful I was able to sleep a lot of the day. I chose to still do my fuelings and lean and green meal.

So grateful for the work I'm doing with my therapist. Really working through a lot right now. A lot of trauma. Grateful I'm not in this alone. Thankful for the support of my husband and family.

Today is a new day. I've got all kinds of energy and am excited for the day. I've already accomplished a lot since 5 this morning and I am happy for this day to unfold.

This health journey has awakened so much more than physical things. It's opened my eyes mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially. So grateful to be on this journey.

The best is yet to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bare truth.

New Beginnings.

4 weeks!