Week ONE Down!

So, I woke up this morning and knew it was time to get on the scale. I've been following the program to a T... but would it pay off?



DOWN 8.4 lbs. and 6.5 inches in one week! Bringing myself to a total of 18.4 lbs lost in the past month! I had a few moments of weakness but have not been hungry. Focusing on getting all my fuelings in and enjoying making my lean and green meal. Today I made zucchini noodles with 5 oz of lean ground beef and a 1/4 cup of organic spaghetti sauce... so satisfying!

I've hardly had any cravings. The occasional garlic mashers or fries is tempting, along with Brie cheese... but I find that it's not a physical temptation as much as it is an emotional one. I want to eat comfort food. I want to stuff down my feelings. I want to numb myself on a Sunday afternoon after church so I can zone out. I want to eat the pancakes my family is eating at IHOP.

But I didn't. I ate a grilled chicken salad and whenI got home I took my chocolate chip pancake fueling and put in my DASH and made a waffle... no deprivation here!

Eating clean keeps my thinking clean... which allows me to feel. And some of my feelings have been hard.
I've been angry.
Sad.
Disappointed.

I've also been joyful and grateful and content.

Whiplash right?!
But I'm not defined by my feelings. I'm not limited by them. But I do listen to them. What are they trying to tell me? What's wrong? Where has there been injustice? heartbreak? What's bothering me? What's going right? What am I excited about?

What I'm learning to do is create new daily habits. I fuel myself 6 times a day. I weigh and measure my lean and green meal. (I even brought the scale in my purse to a restaurant!) I drink a LOT of water!

I had to eat out 3 times this week and I did it successfully and didn't feel deprived or hungry!
 Chili's has this amazing sirloin with grilled avocado & asparagus- so YUM! Chick-fil-A 12 count grilled nugget, a side salad and chili lime vinaigrette- Delish!

Grateful for the victories. It's not just the weight and inches though...
Here are the Non-Scale Victories I've noticed in this past week:

My ring and bracelet are getting looser
My clothes are fitting better
I have my feet again! They're so slender and cute!
My face is getting more defined.
I'm not hungry all the time.
I walk down all the aisles of the grocery store and don't feel a bit tempted!

Excited about starting week 2 today. It hasn't always been easy but so far I've been able to follow the program exactly (God's grace!)

Can't wait to see who I am becoming while I love who I already am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bare truth.

New Beginnings.

4 weeks!